To empower ELT practitioners, researchers, and managers in Pakistan to function at internationally acceptable ELT standards.
SPELT’s mission is to provide a professional forum for its members and practitioners teaching English as a Foreign/Second language to facilitate effective communication and improve the teaching/learning standards of English in Pakistan.
TO ACHIEVE THESE GOALS SPELT
- Organizes academic sessions, professional development programmes, and teacher-research.
- Networks with sister organizations worldwide to disseminate share ideas and methodologies appropriate for the local situation.
- Produces high quality contextually suitable materials to support the professional development of its members.
- Collaborates with government agencies to develop textbooks for the public sector.
- Actively supports environmental, peace and human rights issues through its published materials and workshops.