Teaching language through tech tools, immersive technology and Google for education
Technology is ubiquitous- the students we are teaching are digital natives- the world we live in is evolving. There is no way we can teach language to our children isolating them from the technology they see and use every day. Instead, for teachers to be able to evolve from the pen, paper & white board classroom is essential if they wish to engage learners in a true learning experience.
Key Learning Points:
- Learn to use, design and collaborate with a range of online tools, technologies and social media that support digital age teaching.
- Learn tools to: a)Work collaboratively b) Access and share information c) Engage in learning experience d) Create content as producers of information
- Engage in an in-depth exploration of concepts such as Blended Learning, Flipped Classrooms, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality.
- Learn about how digital technologies can be used to boost learning and enhance classroom experience.
- How ‘Google for Education’ is transforming Education.
Madiha Saad Khan is an A level & International Baccalaureate teacher for English Language and Literature, a freelance journalist and a Google certified digital expert. She is an alumnus of Thompson Reuters Foundation and represented Pakistan in International Visitor’s Leadership Program: Promoting Civic Society through New Media. As part of the program, she was stationed at Harvard University, MIT, George Washington University and attended lectures on how new media is changing the world around us, especially education
SPELT House: 101 First Floor Plot No. C-28 Khe-Ittehad,Lane 12 Phase II Ext. D.H.A, Karachi
Date & Time
July 28, 2018
3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Muhammad Talha Saleem
SPELT Working Committee, Karachi
Academic Coordinator, 2018-19